Repairing Crumbling and Leaking Chimneys.
A number of properties have now opened up their old chimneys and flues, as stoves and open fires, now being much more efficient and desirable are returning to fashion. But, as with any old building, lack of use and lack of renovation means that deterioration of the old chimney walls tends to take place.
This is why Schiedel have some great options to renew an old chimney.
Stainless Steel Flexible Flue and Chimney Liners.
TecnoFlex Plus is a twin skin flexible chimney liner designed for gas, oil and multi-fuel, where the maximum flue gas temperature does not exceed 600°C. Diameter range 80 – 300mm.
- Corrugated outer skin for high crush resistance.
- Extra smooth inner skin allows for easy drain down of condensates, less opportunity for soot to collect in the joint area and ease of sweeping.
- Engineered joint design gives extra strength and flexibility.
- Inner skin remains smooth and protective even after the rigours of installation.
- Now with Lifetime*Guarantee.
Pumice Chimney Liner.
The pumice liner system comes in a range of 15 diameters from 150mm to 1000mm internal diameter. The Pumice flue liners are for masonry chimneys where the linings are surrounded by 100mm of brick, block or stone.
The linings are suitable for all fuels but not suitable for condensing appliances –including pellet or biomass.
Pumice liners are ideal for new build as well as relining existing masonry chimneys.
The features of this are:
- Lightweight materials, easy to use ,handle and cut
- Highly insulating pumice for better draw and minimum heat loss
- 600mm and 1000mm lengths mean fewer joints and fast to install
- 15 flue sizes available
- Good resistance to temperature variations gives the maximum performance for your appliance
- CE certified to EN1857 with the designation T450, N2, D, 3, G.
- Three angles of bends available for maximum versatility.
Schiedel ISOKOAT Chimney Coating System
In old chimneys the mortar joints between the bricks or stonework fail. The mortar becomes porous, turns sandy and crumbles away. Then poisonous fumes, tars and Condensation can all leak out of the flue into the home.
ISOKOAT is applied under pressure and forced into the cracks and fissures, sealing them, re-pointing the joints and strengthening the flue wall. Mineral fibre Reinforcement in the ISOKOAT ensures that the wet material will not pour or leak away through larger cracks, but will be forced into and fill and bridge them.