Energy Efficient New-build Homes Using Schiedel Swift Air
A range of energy efficient homes were built in Cork using the efficient Schiedel Swift system
The project by Hallmark Developments was particularly energy efficient above and beyond the basic scope: High insulation levels; Heat Recovery System; Gas Central Heating; Wood Burning Stove with a Schiedel Swift Air system and Solar Panels;
Cygnum Timber Frames, which have a number of energy efficiency advantages, provided the frame for the homes. An airtight building such as a the range of Hallmark homes results in lower heating bills, as well as having an efficient ventilation system and fewer draughts. The carbon footprint of a building is the total amount of CO2 (carbon dioxide) produced and emitted, directly and indirectly when manufacturing a product or component for that building.
Cygnum pride themselves on producing a building with a very low carbon footprint
Schiedel Swift Air neatly and simply delivers combustion air to the heating appliance.
Ideally suited to energy efficient buildings, such as the Hallmark Development, combined with a Cygnum Timber Frame
- The combination of advanced chimney technology and modern efficient wood burning appliances can give you the best of both worlds – an energy efficient home and the enjoyment of a real fire.
- The Swift Air System delivers combustion air directly to the appliance from outside the house, eliminating drafts in the living room thus further improving energy efficiency.
- No warm air is taken from the room where the appliance is positioned.
- Suitable for stoves, stove inserts, cookers and boilers.
- Suitable for all fuels – gas, oil, solid fuels and biomass fuels.
- Suitable for Timber Frame, Steel Frame and Masonry construction.
- Air-independent chimneys reduce the wind effect on the air intake.
- Provisions for additional air intake channels / ducting are no longer necessary.
For telephone enquiries about this product, please call our Northern Ireland and ROI office on +44 28 87 740436
Click here to see our Swift Air System.