Sirius – The Complete Air Tight DEFRA Exempt Wood Burning Stove Package
Energy Efficient Design | Wood Burning Stove
Schiedel offers a unique all-in-one system: a perfect union of wood stove & chimney, which is an ideal package when if you are a self-builder or renovating your home.
Our innovative and advanced clean burning technology provides an eco-friendly and pleasant warmth. Wood stoves achieve up to 84 % energy-efficiency – delivering more heat with less wood and are far more likely to heat larger rooms more efficiently than traditional radiators.
The Sirius Stove Package perfectly combines the Schiedel technologically high-end Permeter Chimney System, allowing for an air-tight installation with the concentric flue system and the energy-efficient, stylish, space saving wood stoves.
- Highly efficient up to 84%! More heat, less wood
- Highest European and National Standards – EN 13 240, DIN+, 1.BImSchV2, DiBt, 15a B-VG, NS 3058/3059
- Easy to operate with Self closing door and interlock system for igniting or cleaning purpose
- 3 Windows for 180° view in the 3G model
- Eco-friendly corpus paint resulting in environmentally friendly low smoke and low emission colour
- Adjustable legs to adapt to uneven surfaces
- Combustion air independent from installation room, provided through Permeter Smooth Air Chimney from top, allows flexible placement. The system is air tight due to the concentric flue system.
- Due to system solution, no separate air channel adaptor/ bypass necessary.
IDEAL FOR TIMBER FRAME BUILDINGS SUCH AS LOG CABINS
- Ceiling Box and Protect Box options for complete safety in timber framed buildings.
- Exceptional small distances to combustibles
Installing the Sirius Stove System in a two storey house.
Installing the Sirius Stove System in a log cabin / bungalow.
clearSkies Level 5 for Sirius and Celsius
clearSkies certified appliances meet the minimum performance level for Ecodesign (which is the minimum legal requirement for an appliance manufactured in the UK from 1st January 2022). These new Ecodesign Regulations represent a significant tightening of criteria over the current CE requirements and specify the minimum energy efficiency of the appliance and the maximum levels of emissions permitted which are:
- CO – Carbon Dioxide
- PM – Particulate Matter
- OGC – Organic Gaseous Compounds
- NOx – Nitrogen Oxide
Both Sirius and Celsius achieve clearSkies Level 5, which is a 30% improvement on Ecodesign stove models and all Schiedel models are DEFRA Approved for use in Smoke Control Areas.
What is “DEFRA Exempt” or “DEFRA Approved” ?
DEFRA (Department of Environment, Farming and Rural Affairs) have strict guidelines on emissions. If a stove or appliance passes these emission level restrictions, then they appear on the official website as “appliances that meet specific criteria”, which both our Sirius and Celsius wood burning stoves pass with flying colours. This ensures that the customer has a highly efficient stove system within their home. Both Sirius 1, Sirius 3G and Celsius are officially listed on the DEFRA website.
- Only one lever for regulating primary and secondary air.
- Elegant powder coated combustion-door handle staying cool and clean.
- Comfortable woodbox compartment with front door .
- The touching point to open the door is marked with powder coated circle, preventing scratches in the varnish.
The chimney from first floor level up can be supported by using a ceiling box fixed between the ceiling joists.
The Sirius Stove Package can use traditional firestop plates when passing through combustible floors and ceilings.
The Protect Box is a safe solution for timber frame buildings when passing through the ceiling into the loft.
|2-STOREY HOUSE||SIRIUS 1||SIRIUS 3G|
|BUNGALOW||SIRIUS 1||SIRIUS 3G|