First Aid at Work Course
Schiedel are pleased to offer a 3-day First Aid at Work Course at our Schiedel Training Academy, which is located in Washington, and easily accessible from Gateshead, Newcastle, Sunderland and Durham, as well as the surrounding areas.
The course also includes lunch and refreshments, as well as free parking.
This First Aid course is specifically designed for people who work in higher risk and more hazardous working environments, as it covers a wider range of first aid emergencies, making it ideal for those who would like to be able to have the knowledge and practical skills to deal with more first aid emergencies.
The course provides practical role play and demonstrations to build the individual’s confidence and knowledge when faced with a first aid emergency. Once you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Understand the main roles of a First Aider
- Be able to put together a First Aid Kit
- Assess the area and situation to be able to act safely and effectively in an emergency.
- Provide First Aid to an individual who is unconscious whether they are breathing or non-breathing.
- Administer Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and understand how to operate an AED
- Perform a Top to Toe Survey and place the casualty in the Recovery Position
- Treat for Bleeding, Burns, Fractures, etc.
- Immediately identify when somebody is suffering from a Heart Attack, Angina Attack or Stroke
- Treat somebody who is Choking
- Provide First Aid for Chest, Spinal, and Head Injuries
- Recognise Signs & Symptoms and be able to Treat an Anaphylactic Shock
- Provide effective First Aid for Diabetes and Epilepsy
- Understand and treat for different Temperature Issues
- Understand and treat Asthma and Hyperventilation
- Identify and treat Soft Tissue Injuries, Nosebleeds and Eye Injuries
- Provide First Aid for Poisoning, Bites & Stings
- Understand and identify other common workplace injuries / illnesses
FIRST AID AT WORK COURSE
Duration 3 Days
£150 (plus VAT)
No experience is necessary.
A practical assessment will take place on the final day of the course, which will include CPR, Dealing with an Unconscious Casualty, and Incident Management.
On successful completion, a certificate from by the First Aid Industry Body – which complies with the HSE’s First Aid training policy – will be issued. The certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of the training and an appropriate First Aid training manual will also be issued.
A Comprehensive Range of Stove / Chimney Installation Courses
Our technical knowledge of chimneys and flues is already widely respected and now we have teamed up with HETAS to provide a comprehensive range of HETAS Approved training courses at our Schiedel Training Academy in Washington, Tyne & Wear. The HETAS designed course are all led by HETAS approved Trainers.