HETAS H003 Solid Fuel Plus Course
The HETAS Introduction to Solid Fuel +Plus course is an opportunity to utilise and apply existing practical skills and learn how to undertake Solid Fuel or Wood burning Stove installation. A combination of training, practical activities and assessment concluding in a portfolio of evidence identifying the experience required to register with HETAS.
This includes all of the information detailed in the H001 and H002 courses, enriched with Practical installation scenario’s either on-site evidence or within our realistic working environment.
This then allows you to access the H003DS and H006 later in the week.
H001/Access to Solid fuel – The learner will cover:
- Scientific principles
- Health and safety at work
- Applying safe working practices
- Roles, responsibilities and procedures
- Types of solid fuel appliances
- Environmental protection measures
- Installation of dry stoves, fire backs and lining of chimneys
H002 – The learner will cover:
- Fuel types, Storage & Selection.
- Principles of Combustion.
- Causes of Incomplete Combustion & Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.
- Appliance types, Operating Principles & Selection.
- Legislation, Regulations & Industry guidance.
- Flue system & Ventilation requirements for solid fuel appliances.
H003DS – The learner will cover:
- Flue & Chimney Inspection, testing and fault diagnosis.
- Dry solid fuel appliance; Sizing, Selection, Installation, Commissioning & Decommissioning.
- Dry solid fuel appliance service & maintenance.
H006 – The learner will cover:
- The Installation & Testing of prefabricated metal twin wall rigid chimney systems.
SOLID FUEL PLUS COURSE
Duration 5 Days
£1494 (inc. VAT)
No experience is necessary although it is recommended that you have transferable practical skills when undertaking this combined course.
A Comprehensive Range of Stove / Chimney Installation Courses
Our technical knowledge of chimneys and flues is already widely respected and now we have teamed up with HETAS to provide a comprehensive range of HETAS Approved training courses at our Schiedel Training Academy in Washington, Tyne & Wear. The HETAS designed course are all led by HETAS approved Trainers.