Schiedel – a name you can Trust.
Schiedel Chimney Systems Ltd. is the leading flue and Chimney Manufacturer in the UK and a world brand. Schiedel was established in 1946 by Friedrich Schiedel.
In the UK we have been manufacturing, the Rite Vent Brand of Steel Products at our plant in Washington, Tyne & Wear for almost 50 years. The range of Schiedel Chimney products such as ICID, ICS, Prima Plus, Prima Smooth, Flex and B Vent were all conceived, developed and designed in Washington and are still made in Washington as they always have been. We also distribute the Isokern Pumice range from our office on the South Coast at Poole and the Ceramic range from Coalisland, Northern Ireland as well as Poole.
After acquiring Ontop Metaloterm, we now manufacture the Metaloterm range of products for Commercial and Residential applications throughout the UK and are happy to discuss new distribution opportunities.
We are proud that we have a comprehensive range of products which cover any project, be it large or small, plus we are happy to back this with excellent Customer Support, with Sales Teams in Washington, Poole and Coalisland.
Just some of the advantages of working with Schiedel
- Lifetime guarantees on various products
- Comprehensive website, including ecommerce shop
- AR apps introduced for stoves and Garden Fireplaces
- Installation app for Android and Apple devices
- Product information online
- Detailed instruction guides and brochures
- YouTube TV channel
- Love 2 Shop Rewards for installers
- Excellent support for distributors
- Vibrant social media platforms supporting installers and distributors
- Reliable and award winning products
- Support teams and managers throughout the UK and Ireland
- Excellent customer service
- Comprehensive range of products
and so much more!
A roll call of Firsts.
- 1st UK manufacturer of Steel Chimneys.
- Introduced B Vent to Europe in 1968 (Holland, Ireland and then UK)
- 1st UK manufacturers of smooth bore flex in the UK – Chimflex launched in 1987
- 1st UK manufacturers of condensing chimney subsystems in the UK with the launch of ICS
- 1st to pass the Gastec corrosion tests in Europe
- 1st to launch award winning Screwfit accessories into the market in 2011 – all tested and approved
- 1st to launch a product with shrink form technology in 2012 – Prima Smooth
- 1st to develop award winning product specifically for air tight houses in the UK – patented Ignis Protect
- 1st to develop the conical slip joint, installer friendly starter components in 2015
- 1st to develop the award winning Double Wall Adjustable Starter section in 2017
|2023||Introduced Sargas wood burning stove range|
|2022||Launched ePURO particle filter
Launched Schiedel Shop
|2021||The first manufacturer that tested its products according EI 120 fire resistence standards|
|2020||Celsius and Sirius Stove Packages introduced in the UK and ROI.|
|2019||Retrofit Wall Support Launched|
|2018||Opus ScandFire launched Isokern Garden Fireplace launched|
|2017||50th Anniversary Awarded Factory Excellence for the 5th Year Won Best Flueing and Ventilation Award at Hearth & Home Weil Flexistar Machine introduced|
|2016||Acquired Ontop Metaloterm|
|2015||Protect Box and Ignis Protect launched Won Best Flueing and Ventilation Award at Hearth & Home|
|2014||Schiedel Isokern moved_from Ferndown to Poole|
|2012||Won Best Flueing and Ventilation Award at Hearth & Home Tecnoflex Plus launched Laser Cutter machine introduced Prima Smooth, designed and developed in Washington, launched|
|2011||Screwfit Adaptors launched|
|2008||TecnoFlex, designed and developed in Washington, launched|
|2004||Schiedel acquired Rite-Vent|
|2001||Schiedel acquired Isokern
Launched the Schiedel Swift Chimney System range
|2000||Gastec Approval received
Schiedel acquired Irish Stoneware Republic of Ireland (Ceramic Production Plant)
|1999||Schiedel acquired Ulster Fireclays Northern Ireland (Ceramic Production Plant)|
|1996||ICS, designed and developed in Washington, launched|
|1994||Weil Machine introduced|
|1990||Prima Plus, designed and developed in Washington, launched|
|1985||Rite-Vent moved to 100,000 sq. ft. plant at Washington|
|1983||Acquired Park Sectional|
|1982||Acquired George Kraemer and its geographic network and steel-flex|
|1974||Acquired Ventlane from Bowater|
|1973||20,000 sq. ft. purpose-built factory established at Washington|
|1970||Introduced Triplelock flue liner|
|1968||Manufacturing plant established in Washington B Vent range, designed and developed in the UK, launched|
|1967||Incorporated as Rite Vent|
Automated Tubing Diameter Change
Schiedel is part of the Standard Industries company, which is a privately-held, global, diversified holding company with interests in building materials, aggregates, and related investment businesses in public equities and real estate. This means we are backed and supported by a company with over 15,000 employees and operations in more than 80 countries.
Standard’s businesses include: GAF, the leading roofing and waterproofing manufacturer in North America; BMI Group, the leading manufacturer and supplier of flat and pitched roofing systems for the residential and non-residential markets in Europe, parts of Asia, and South Africa; Siplast, a leader in the development and manufacture of the world’s most advanced roofing and waterproofing systems; SGI, a leading North American aggregates and mining company; 40 North, a fundamentally-based investment fund focused on both public equities and third-party managed alternative investments; and Winter Properties, a vertically integrated real estate investment management and development enterprise.
So, when it’s reliability you are looking for in a supplier, Schiedel is the only name to choose.