Twin Wall Flue, Schiedel ICID Plus – Now with a LIFETIME GUARANTEE!
Twin Wall Flue Insulated System Chimney
Our Eco ICID range has evolved into a multi-application system adaptable for Dry (D), Fu (W) and even Positive Pressure (P) applications.
ICID Plus Twin Wall Flue, is ideal not only for traditional stoves but also for pellet stoves, biomass appliances, mini/micro CHP and even condensing boilers capable of withstanding positive pressure.
The ICID Plus chimney system is ideal for log / wood burning stoves, lessening the need for central heating and drastically reducing the reliance on gas and electricity – reduced gas bills are a great advantage when installing these systems with an Eco-design stove.
The system is designed so that the outer case is load bearing and the inner liner is free to expand independently, therefore thermal expansion is accommodated within each and every joint of the system.
- Available in two versions with a choice of either a bright annealed or a matt black painted stainless steel outer case
- ICID Plus is available in the following range of diameters:- 100, 125, 150, 180 and 200mm
The latest ICID Plus Twin Wall Flue Installation Instructions are now available to download.
This includes comprehensive guides on installing a chimney system using ICID Plus components, including the award winning Double Wall Adjustable Starter Section, as well as the award winning Ignis Protect.
- Twist-lock bayonet jointing system. Secured by locking band.
- Advanced corrosion resistant design and construction uses laser welded 316L stainless steel inner liner and stainless steel case.
- The 25mm of high density mineral wool insulation maintains flue gas temperature, maximising efficiency, improving flue draught on start up and minimising condensation.
- Low external case temperature.
- The inner liner is free to expand through the female collar, allowing for maximum thermal expansion even during a soot fire.
- The inner liner has an an engineered design with an inward bead at the female end which acts as a capillary break preventing moisture being drawn through the joint.
- Lip seal packs are available containing a quick fit female lip seal with a grease sachet to allow product to be easily adapted for use in Positive Pressure (P) app
|Fuel||Wood, solid fuel | With Lip Seal: Gas and oil|
|Firing Temp||450°C | With Lip Seal: 200°C|
|Short Firing Temp||550°C | With Lip Seal: 250°C|
|Mode of Operation||Zero & negative pressure | With Lip Seal: Positive pressure|
|Pressure Capabilities||40Pa | With Lip Seal: 200pa|
|Fire Rating||4 Hour Fire Rating to BS 476 Part 20|
|Outer Case||Stainless Steel|
|Outer Case (Option)||Painted matt black|
|Outer Case Thickness||0.5mm|
|Seam||Laser or inert gas welded|
|Liner||316L : 1.4404 : X2CrNiMo 17-12-2|
|Liner Thickness (mm)||0.5mm|
|Seam||Laser or inert gas welded|
|Insulation||High performance mineral fibre|
The dimensions of the flue are:
|Int Ø mm||100||125||150||180||200|
|Ext Ø mm||150||180||200||235||256|
In this section you will find information relating to specific components to show correct use, or supplementing information from the installation instructions. If further information is required, please do not hesitate to contact us directly on +44 (0)191 416 1150
The new ICID Plus Double Wall Adjustable Starter Section is an easy and quick way of installing and disconnecting a stove for inspection.
It’s innovation has been recognised, as it is now an award winning product, having won the Best Flueing and Ventilation Product at Hearth and Home 2017.
It’s exceptionally easy to install. The process involves inserting a male spigot of the liner into the appliance spigot, sealing it, insulating it and then simply sliding down the case to cover the stove spigot. Removal for servicing and re-installation is just as easy and is the reverse.
This is yet another product designed by Schiedel to make it much more easier for chimney and stove installers to install products.
BUNGALOW FIRESTOP KITS: ECO ICID TWIN WALL INSULATED CHIMNEY SYSTEM INSTALLATION
A ventilated fire stop plate is not required for single storey bungalows with a ventilated loft space. Schiedel has developed a solid fire stop kit that can be fitted even more unobtrusively in the ceiling.
The fire stops can be used with Eco ICID and ICS twin wall flues and are available in three options:
one piece round, two piece round and one piece square.
These unventilated fire stop plates may only be used on a combustible ceiling in a bungalow where there is a minimum 60mm distance to combustibles where the chimney penetrates the ceiling area and where the roof space above the ceiling is open and ventilated. Within the roof space, a protective wire mesh framework must be built around the chimney to ensure the minimum 60mm distance to combustibles is maintained.
MAGNETIC FIRESTOP COVER PLATE KIT: ECO ICID TWIN WALL INSULATED CHIMNEY SYSTEM INSTALLATION
This new addition to the ventilated firestop range has been introduced an aesthetic cover plate kit, which fastens to the standard ventilated firestops using the magnets which are provided in the kit along with the cover plates. Kits are available in plain finish, painted matt black to RAL 9005, or painted matt white to RAL 9016 to match the firestops.
LOAD BEARING ROOF SUPPORT: ECO ICID TWIN WALL INSULATED CHIMNEY SYSTEM INSTALLATION
The roof support is supplied as a kit complete with two side plates for fixing to the roof trusses, a band to give lateral support to the chimney as it passes through the roof, and 3 self tapping screws, which are secured to the chimney through the band to give a load bearing capacity. When the plates are installed above the roof trusses as in Fig.1 the maximum number of pipes, which may be suspended from the roof support is 6 x 1m pipes.When the plates are attached below the trusses as in Fig.2 the maximum number of pipes, which may be suspended is 4 x 1m pipes.
1. The band should be lowered down over the top of the Eco ICID pipe, and positioned so that the the side plates are resting on top of the roof trusses as in Fig.1 or below the roof trusses in the case of Fig. 2 .The recommended position is always as per Fig.1 where circumstances allow this solution.
2. The band should then be tightened using the nut and bolt provided.
3. Using the holes pre-drilled in the roof support band, drill 3mm holes in the outer case of the chimney section (drill bit should be set for a depth no greater than 10mm to avoid any damage to the liner of the chimney)
4. Use the self tapping screws provided to secure the clamp band to the outer casing of the chimney section.
Please note: It is the responsibility of the installer to ensure that the joist to which the roof support is being attached is load bearing and capable of withstanding the weight of the system being installed.
MASONRY WALL SLEEVES: ECO ICID TWIN WALL INSULATED CHIMNEY SYSTEM INSTALLATION
Masonry Wall Sleeves must be used to protect the building where the chimney passes through a masonry wall (see Fig. 2 & 3). The 90° version is supplied as a straight length whereas the 135° version is mitred at 45 degrees on one end. The sleeve should be cut down to the correct length on site to fit flush with the wall (see Fig. 1 & 2). The sleeve should be adequately weatherproofed, using a good quality building mastic and rope fibre.
RETROFIT WALL BANDS: ECO ICID TWIN WALL INSULATED CHIMNEY SYSTEM INSTALLATION
A new retrofit wall band has been added to the range to make life easier for the installer. With this new component available in either bright annealed steel finish or matt black to match the outer case of the chimney, the installer is able to install the chimney faster. The wall band can simply be lowered over the top of the pipe section, and fixed in place without having to remove the pipe section first.
SW-DW ADJUSTABLE STARTER
DISTANCE TO COMBUSTIBLES: ECO ICID TWIN WALL INSULATED CHIMNEY SYSTEM REGULATIONS
In accordance with building regulations its is essential that the correct distance to combustible material is maintained. On solid fuel applications, where there is a risk of soot fire, a distance of 60mm to combustibles must be maintained within a combustible floor and within a combustible shaft (see Fig.1). There is no need to line the area within the floor cavity with plasterboard; however the ventilated fire stop plate and ventilated support plate must be used.*
On gas and oil applications, a distance of 50mm to combustibles must be maintained within a combustible floor and within a combustible shaft. The ventilated fire stop plate and ventilated support plate must be used.*
Where the chimney penetrates a non combustible floor and where a non combustible shaft is used, a distance of 50mm to the shaft is sufficient. In this case, non ventilated fire stops and non ventilated support plates may be used at first floor level with a ventilated fire stop being used where the chimney penetrates into the roof space.*
*On bungalow applications where the chimney runs through either a combustible or non-combustible ceiling, an unventilated bungalow fire stop plate kit can be used. Please note that an unventilated support plate can not be used above the ceiling in this case. The weight of the chimney should be supported using the roof support. Distance to combustibles must be respected within the ceiling space (see Fig. 2) and mesh frame should be used within the loft space, which must be ventilated (see Fig. 2).
We are confident in our products and so offer you (the owner) a generous guarantee in relation to the ICID system (the System).
Provided that you comply in full with Your Responsibilities (below) and subject to the Small Print (below), we guarantee to you that the System will be free from defects for whichever is the greater of:
- a period equal to the guarantee period of the appliance to which the system is first connected; or
- 20 years.
For example, if your System is fitted to an appliance with a guarantee period of 10 years, we will still guarantee your System for 20 years.
In the unlikely event that the System becomes defective during the guarantee period, we will provide a like-for-like replacement for free (subject to your compliance with Your Responsibilities and subject to the Small Print). If the same model is no longer available, we will replace it with a suitable alternative.
To benefit from our guarantee, you must:
- Register your product within 30 days of installation at www.schiedel.co.uk and provide us with any evidence we reasonably request to prove that your System has been fitted by a HETAS approved installer or if not, has been signed off by a Building Control Inspector prior to use.
- Familiarise yourself with the User Guide and comply with its provisions in full during the lifetime of your usage of the Liner (including by keeping the required records safe). Failure to do so will invalidate any guarantee claim.
HOW TO CLAIM UNDER YOUR GUARANTEE
To claim under your guarantee, please email us at email@example.com. You will be asked to provide proof that you have complied in full with the User Guide (for example, by providing cleaning records) and we will then assess your claim, keeping you fully informed.
- Your guarantee is effective from the date on which your System is installed.
- The guarantee extends only to us providing you with a replacement System. We will pay for the delivery of that replacement to the address you have registered but you are responsible for any costs related to the removal and transit of the defective System and the installation (and any associated costs) of the replacement System and the provision of any necessary ancillary products, fittings or consumables.
- The guarantee does not apply to the extent that defects in a System arise as a result of: (1) use of fittings other than approved fittings; (2) any failure to comply with the instructions set out in the User Guide (including those instructions relating to care and servicing of your System); (3) any alteration or repairs you make to it (or are made on your behalf) without our express written permission; (4) any accidental damage suffered during transit or otherwise; (5) any damage to the System that arises as a result of the installation of the System (our guarantee is offered in respect of the System product alone and does not cover the ancillary products or the consumables (such as lip seal gaskets) or the workmanship of any installation services you may obtain from any third party); or, (6) any negligent or other improper use.
- If we replace your System under this guarantee, the guarantee period will not be extended.
- If you move house, you may transfer the benefit of the remaining period of the guarantee to the new home owner within 3 months of the change of ownership. It is your responsibility to transfer the guarantee by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and to notify the new owner of the terms of the guarantee (including the new owner’s responsibilities). A failure to notify us of a transfer within the timescales will invalidate the guarantee.
- Where you claim that a System is defective, we reserve the right (1) to carry out any tests on that System, and/or (2) to require access to that System, in both cases to satisfy ourselves that you have complied in full with your responsibilities (including by adhering to the User Guide) and that your claim is valid. Please cooperate with any reasonable requests we make in this regard.
- This guarantee is offered in addition to your legal rights as a consumer.
Schiedel Chimney Systems Ltd.
Washington, Tyne & Wear, NE38 0AQ.
Tel. 0191 4161150