HETAS H003DS Dry Appliance Installer Course (Practical Assessed)
The H003 HETAS training course features information on all the relevant Building Regulations as well as the British and European standards currently used in the solid fuel industry. There will be both theory and practical training on:
- Instruction on all aspects of dry appliance installation.
- The correct installation of hearths and fireplaces.
- Different types of chimney and connecting flue pipes.
- Identification of faults and the correct use of terminals.
- Commissioning and servicing of dry solid fuel appliances.
Please note that the installation of Twin Wall Insulated Stainless Steel Chimney Systems internally on Residential properties is not covered in this course, but is covered in the separate one day H006 – Chimney Systems Installations course.
Hetas Dry Appliances Course from Schiedel
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is targeted at installation engineers who have the relevant work experience. You would already be working in the solid fuel industry or have relevant work experience in the construction/heating industry.
Successful candidates will receive a certificate of competence from HETAS, which is required in order to apply for registration on the HETAS Competent Persons Scheme (CPS) for the Installation of Dry Appliances.
H003DS – DRY APPLIANCE INSTALLER COURSE
Duration 3 days
Verifiable work experience on dry stove installations, and at least one of the following:
- Evidence of Oftec 101 or 102.
- Evidence of Gas Safe Registration – CCN1 & CEN1
- Registered member of GMCS, APICS or NACS
- Demonstrable, appropriate previous work experience on chimneys and or solid fuel appliances including a portfolio of evidence of work on stove installations with references from Building
- Inspectors, employers or customers.
A Comprehensive Range of Stove / Chimney Installation Courses
Our technical knowledge of chimneys and flues is already widely respected and now we have teamed up with HETAS to provide a comprehensive range of HETAS Approved training courses at our Schiedel Training Academy in Washington, Tyne & Wear. The HETAS designed course are all led by HETAS approved Trainers.